Friday, November 7, 2014

WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD?



He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata! He tangata! He tangata!

English Translation: 

What is the most important thing in the world?
It is people! It is people! It is people!

What a profound statement. When I read this I couldn't help but think of all those who I have met in my life, those who have challenged me, and encouraged me, and most of all shared in my story as I have shared in theirs.
It is because of these stories connecting and weaving that I can say I am truley blessed.
The past is filled with so many memories and yet none of them warm my heart with so much love than the memories of honest, authentic and open relationships that continue to teach me about life's greatest quest.
I believe this is the greatest gift we are given. 
That is the freedom to relate, to connect, to inspire and become inspired to create new stories and to share in this world with meaningful purpose beyond the throngs of oneself and into the arms of others. 
After all, the greatest form of love is the love we offer to others not the love we keep for ourselves. 
What a divine thought. Self love isn't about the self but about what the self can do for others. 
It's about finding hope within the stories of others, seeing their worlds unravel as you journey along side them like a voyager exploring a new world eyes wide open, ears poised for any sound, and arms ready to recieve any new discovery.
This sort of journey is one that takes patience and empathy and a healthy dose of perspective but the rewards are epic and I don't say that lightly.
Now of course some friendships are more longer lasting than others and some friendships can have the complete opposite effect. But it's precisely because of this freedom, the freedom to choose, that makes our lives all the more defined.
Looking back on my friendships both good and bad I can't help but feel the enduring sense of purpose each of these relationships have offered. 
The ability to relate fuels the hearts need for reconciliation and reconnection.
It is because of people that true relationships are formed and the beauty of life in its entirety can be shared.
But above all... It's nice to feel important!














No comments:

Post a Comment